‘Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass it’s Learning to Dance in the Rain.’
These health & wellbeing coaching workshops combine my knowledge and skills from physiotherapy, health & life coaching, meditation and mindful movement (mainly yoga, with integration of pilates & shibashi). Combining knowledge and skills from these areas helps me to understand the factors that are part of being human, how these relate to you in your world and to guide you to explore the different areas affecting your health, wellbeing and happiness. Through exploration and understanding you can make changes.
Our health and wellbeing impacts all aspects of life and vice versa. Stress, eating habits, physical activity, sleep, thinking habits, beliefs, behaviours, mindsets, and our self-talk all influence our health and wellbeing and vice versa. These workshops will deepen understanding of all of the factors that are influencing your life and what changes you can make that will improve your wellbeing.
Change can feel overwhelming which in turn keeps us stuck where we are, or we take a giant leap forwards and hit our panic zone, retreating to our comfort zone. These workshops will be a supportive place to gently explore what’s possible and break things down into simple achievable steps. The workshops can help you improve your; overall health and wellbeing, confidence, work performance, relationships, sleep, stress management and more.
‘Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we are supposed to be and embracing who we are.’ ~ Brene Brown
Is it time for you to pause, step back and explore the different aspects affecting your health, wellbeing and happiness and make changes? If yes these workshops are for you.
Would you like to:
- Manage stress better
- Not be limited by anxiety
- Be more confident
- Have more energy
- Understand your values and how you can use these as a compass
- Build awareness of mind and body and see how mindful movement can help you
- Understand more about why exercise is important and the many modifications that can be made
- Sleep better
- Train your brain to focus on what’s most helpful for you and those around you
- Understand what you are telling yourself and learn how to change this
- Understand why compassion is important for wellbeing and train your compassionate mind (we all have one its part of being human, it can get overridden by protection strategies)
- Find what motivates you and drives you
- Know your purpose in life and understand how this is linked to your wellbeing?
- Understand more about nutrition & wellbeing
The workshops can help with all of the above and more. The aim of running these workshops is to help you look after, and improve, your health and wellbeing, to be happy and healthy and achieve what you are aiming for. A couple of these workshops will be taught by associates, a Mindfulness Teacher and a Dietitian.
The workshops can be done as a series or you can choose which workshops would be most helpful for you right now. These workshops can help you in many ways including to: live a life aligned with your values (part of nurturing our wellbeing and our happiness); be your best self every day; achieve your goals; and improve your health and wellbeing. Living by our values helps us live a life with purpose, do what’s meaningful and dance through life as our authentic selves.
Workshops for groups
There are workshops run on set dates which anyone can book, the different workshops are detailed below. Also, if you are looking for a workshop for a group of colleagues or friends and family a workshop can be tailored for you to specifically meet your needs.
Would you like to help your staff increase and look after their wellbeing and work performance? Our health and wellbeing impact many things including our happiness and work performance.
A workshop can be tailored for your staff, for example a two hour workshop to explore and create a wellness programme which could incorporate stress management and maintaining energy throughout the day. Get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Aspects covered in the workshops
A lot of things that affect our health & wellbeing and happiness are covered in the workshops, including:
- Changing beliefs & habits. We learn by repetition, what are you practicing?
- Compassion & self-compassion and how compassion affects our physiology
- Exercise and mindful movement
- How we see change & how this affects our physiology
- Intention versus behaviour, why these mismatch and what we can do when this happens
- Living a purposeful life, doing what’s meaningful
- Maintaining your energy levels every day
- Self-talk and self-sabotage
- Sleeping well
- Stepping out of your comfort zone without hitting the panic zone
- Stress management
- Your values and how to bring them to life each day with simple steps
- Understanding thinking patterns and not how to avoid getting hooked into thoughts and unhelpful thought loops.
The Dancing through Life workshops are linked to my book which is pending publication. The book introduces two acronyms which are proven throughout the workshops, these are the PACE’s & the SIM’s:
- 6 P’s– purpose, patience, persistence, presence, practice and play
- 3 A’s– acceptance, awareness, action
- 6 C’s– compassion, curiosity, connection, change, communication, choices
- 3 E’s– explore, energy, exercise
- 3 S’s– sleep, stress management, self-talk
- 1 I– intention
- 3 M’s– mindfulness/meditation, movement, meaningful activities.
A Health & Wellbeing Retreat
Would you like to attend a retreat which integrates aspects of the different workshops weaved throughout the day?
These workshops are in early planning stages, if they would be of interest get in touch to be added to the list.